Monday, December 14, 2009

Ouch, Santa, that had to hurt

. Monday, December 14, 2009



A friend's Santa had somehow fallen from a ledge and had his face broken. I'm guessing he had a little help from a feline scrooge :-) I couldn't bear to see his busted out face still wearing his little glasses, so I took him home to sculpt him a new face.

The picture here is after I had taken off his beard and such and pulled back his costuming. At first I was going to use polymer clay and try to protect his costuming from baking, but later decided it would be safer to use an air dry clay, like Paper clay,

So after removing all the broken pieces of clay and adding some support to a crack across the back of his head with apoxie clay, I built his structure back out using tightly pressed foil hot glue.

I know the picture is blurry, but while I was working on him my cat, Tilly, was laying across my neck, which is where she often lays while I work.

0 comments: